|Elizabeth showing her first ever quilt|
Then we marveled at the amazing quilts by Elizabeth Eastmond. She took us on a journey through her quilts using a Quilt Abecedary and she informed us that many of her quilts are available as free patterns from her website.
Be sure to check out all the photos or view the photo video to see them all!
Elly H. issued our next challenge, which will be due at the July meeting - the Page 44 Craft Challenge. To participate in this challenge, find a magazine (quilting magazine, crafting machine, or really any kind of magazine) and turn to page 44. Find something on page 44 that inspires you to make a quilt, a bag, an article of clothing, crocheted hat, oil painting, dovetail jointed chest of drawers - whatever! Elly implored us to NOT CHEAT (ed. note: *cough*) and commit to the magazine before you peak at page 44. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
We also had our first row by row exchange - remember to make a row that compliments the original quilters row, but do NOT sew it onto that row. Rows are also due at the July meeting. Contact Cassandra G. if you have any questions.
But before both of those challenges are due, our next challenge due is the Itty Bitty Picture Perfect Challenge: Summer Edition at the June meeting! Check out the blog post here for more information.
- Just to rack up more challenges, Angie N. challenged us all to make a baby quilt for the Neonatal project in memory of our dear Alice - no particularly due date, just when you feel inclined.
- And yet another challenge, Mystery Box/Bucket Maven Christine S. informed us that we will receive 2 free mystery box tickets for every Rape Center Crisis bag we make and bring to the July meeting (put to 6 tickets if you bring in 3 bags). The pattern is available here. If you have any questions in general about these bags, please contact Sandy S.
- Susan C. told us she has several more quilt tops ready to be quilted and bound for Quilts of Valor. Please contact her if you can help.
- Three people came to the Happy Bag sew day last month and produced 17 bags. Way to go! Dawn M. would also like to remind people to please try to pick up the free flashlights that are sometimes given away for free or with a "free with coupon" from Harbor Freight. Contact Dawn if you have any questions.
- We learned about a new community service project, Crafty Ladies, which makes washable and reusable sanitary napkins for women in need in Africa. Mary M. is looking for donations of 100% cotton flannel (no people or animal prints please) to help with the project. Please bring your flannel donation to any meeting and contact Mary if you have any questions.
Elly H. was pleased to see a few April BOM blocks were turned in (ed. note: *cough*) and she introduced our next block, Disappearing Nine Patch. Instructions are here.
Door Prize Winners
- Best Press & fat quarters - Judy B.
- Moda charm pack & tape measure - Eileen B.
- Moda scrap strips - Susan C.
- Scissors USB flash drive & fat quarters - Linda H.
- Fabric Pens - Christine S.
Please note that the Mystery Box will be on hiatus in June for the potluck and Itty Bitty exchange and will return at the July meeting.
- Cassandra G.