9/4/18

Labor Day: Working Hard to Make You Laugh


In honor of Labor Day, here's a first person report of someone who was not quite as successful as he had hoped to be in the job market:

As a young woman...

  • My first job was in an orange juice factory, but I couldn't concentrate on the same old boring rind, so I got canned.
  • Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the axe.
  • After that, I tried working in a donut shop, but I soon got tired of the hole business.
  • I manufactured calendars, but my days were numbered.
  • I tried to be a tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it. Mainly because it was a sew-sew job, de-pleating and de-pressing.
  • I took a job as an upholsterer, but I never recovered.

In my prime...

  • Next I tried working in a car muffler factory, but that was exhausting.
  • I wanted to be a barber, but I just couldn't cut it.
  • Then I was a pilot, but tended to wing it, and I didn't have the right altitude.
  • I studied to become a doctor, but I didn't have enough patients for the job.
  • I became a Velcro salesman, but I couldn't stick with it.
  • I tried my hand at a professional career in tennis, but it wasn't my racket. I was too high strung.
  • I became a baker, but it wasn't a cakewalk, and I couldn't make enough dough. 
  • I was a masseur for a while, but I rubbed people the wrong way.
  • I managed to get a good job working for a pool maintenance company, but the work was just too draining.

Later in life...

  • Then I became a personal trainer in a gym, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.
  • I thought about being a historian, but I couldn't see a future in it.
  • Next I was an electrician, but I found the work shocking and revolting, so they discharged me.
  • I tried being a teacher, but I soon lost my principal, my faculties, and my class.
  • I turned to farming, but I wasn't outstanding in my field.
  • I took a job as an elevator operator. The job had its ups and downs, and I got the shaft.
  • I sold origami, but the business folded.

Finally...

  • I took a job at UPS, but I couldn't express myself.
  • I tried being a fireman, but I suffered burnout.
  • I became a banker, but I lacked interest and maturity, and finally withdrew from the job.
  • I was a professional fisherman, but I couldn't live on my net income.
  • I next worked in a shoe factory, but I just didn't fit in. They thought I was a loafer, and I got the boot.
  • I worked at Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was always the same old grind.

So I've retired, and I find I'm a perfect fit for this job!
- Cassandra G.

2 comments:

  1. Retirement suits me! I’m working from home now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara Mathews9/5/18, 10:19 AM

    oh yess!! Retirement suits me just fine!!

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you, so thanks for stopping by and commenting!