12/12/13

Two favorite pasttimes at Guild Mtgs

 
 
 
 
Next Meeting:  December 17th

Our Trunk Show speaker:  Janet from Bluebird Quilts & Gallery from Grand Terrace.  From Janet:

Tweet Talk Vol 6-10
22320 Barton Road, Suite A, Grand Terrace, CA 92313
(909) 514-0333
That's  five – one – four – oh – tweet – tweet – tweet
Hours
  • Sunday: Noon - 5:00pm
  • Monday through Thursday: 10am - 6:00pm
  • Friday: 10am - 3:00pm



Tweet ~ Tweet ~ Tweet

I confess -- I am a "bare-foot quilter!"  That's right.   I am sure many of you know what I mean and are perhaps "bare-foot quilters" as well.   I love to sit at my sewing machine with no shoes on my feet.   Shoes seem to separate me from my craft.  Without shoes, I can feel the machine foot pedal and exert fine control of the machine's speed.  The result causes my machine to purr like a kitten as it works fabrics and threads together into my project.    While I love this ability to connect with my project,  I recognize there can be drawbacks to being barefoot.  Yes, the obvious drawback is that my feet become "magnets" and can locate the one and only missing pin on the floor!   But, that is not the reason of my admission.  

The other day my feet were giving me another signal - - - they were ice cold.  Why was this important?  Because it told me that another season (other than summer) has arrived!   Yeah!   Colder temperatures are here and with it comes the rush to finish projects for friends and loved ones.    The excitement is building for the holidays.  Mugs of hot chocolate (or a pumpkin spice latte) not only seem to be a welcomed idea, but sound great!     So cheers to the cooler weather and those things that bring comfort during the cold.



Tweet Report ~ ~ ~

As the holidays approach, please make note of the following special store hours:

CLOSED - - Thursday, Nov. 28, Thanksgiving Day

OPEN - - Friday, Nov,. 29,  Noon - 3pm,  for 3 hours only with our BATIK SALE (See info below)

CLOSED - - Tuesday, Dec. 24, Christmas Eve and Wednesday, Dec. 25, Christmas Day

OPEN - - Thursday, Dec. 26, 10am-3pm and Friday, Dec. 27, 10am-3pm.  Please note the change in hours.

CLOSED - - Sunday, Dec. 29 to Wednesday, January 1, 2014.  

OPEN AGAIN IN 2014 with Thursday, January 2 at 10:00 am 



Here are some new goodies to see at the store ~~~~



 
Little Light is a new cloth book panel. 
A great kids version of the first Christmas!
 See the finished sample - so cute!

 



 
 
 New Hoffman Bali Snaps.

These are 5" squares. 

The new packaging

 really shows you the colors!
We also have the new Bali Pops
to match these fabrics!
 
 



 
  Santa is here ready to help you with your decorating!  
This is a great print for pillowcases, tablecloths,
 placements, tablerunners,
or even to wrap presents for a sewing friend!
 

We have added new fabrics to the sale rack!  There are some Fall and Thanksgiving prints available at $6 per yard.  Also bolts of tonals, Christmas, and Martha Negley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We like to hear from you, so thanks for stopping by and commenting!