12/30/17

Post mortem on Holiday cooking

After a battle, the generals get together and discuss how they thought the battle went, what worked and what didn't.

After our "battles" of cooking for Thanksgiving, holiday parties, and Christmas, I think it's time we have a little post mortem of our own! What did you cook that was awesome? What did someone else cook that was awesome? Discover a new bakery or source of ham? Share with us your battle scars!

Here's something I added to my holiday cooking that I can highly recommend: Arugula, Pear, and Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette


With all the heavy comfort foods that are traditional with Thanksgiving and Christmas, I certainly had been hankering for something light, green, and healthy. If you bring this to several potlucks, it makes getting yourself a box of Harry and David's Pears more than worthwhile...and with the arugula and pomegranate seeds, it looks like you're eating Christmas holly!

Your turn!
- Cassandra G.

P.S. Reminder that Piecemaker's in  Costa Mesa will hold it's annual New Year's Day sale again this Monday January 1st with everything in the store is 40% off!

4 comments:

  1. Barbara Mathews12/30/17, 5:24 PM

    Yum! I always love a good salad! I made my usual "LemonStuff" - I go to one get-together where they won't let me go unless I bring it! Made it a second time for Christmas day. Think I need to move on to something more healthy - my pants are too tight!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make cream corn using Gulliver's restaurant recipe - yummy but not on any known diet!

      Delete
  2. Barbara and Sharon - those sound amazing! We need recipes! - Cassandra G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One recipe with nothing but compliments was my Ambrosia Fruit Salad. I think everyone knows how to make this. Cool Whip (extra creamy) and drained fruit cocktail with the addition of maraschino cherries! Love it! Good thing it is only once a year or I would look like Santa!!

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you, so thanks for stopping by and commenting!