11/10/16

Making your own custom fabric and fabric labels

Quilts of Valor chairperson Susan C. has discovered a nifty online store called Spoonflower where you can design and have printed your own custom fabric on a number of different types of fabrics.

From Susan..


As an ambassador for The Quilts of Valor Foundation, I have been blessed to receive many beautiful quilts from all over the US that I award to our veterans.  On some of the quilts, I noticed a printed label with all the required information as well as details like washing instructions and places to list all the artists that created the quilt.  I contacted The Quilts of Valor Foundation and they referred me to www.Spoonflower.com where I discovered we could order anything we could think of printed on any type of fabric.  I found a quilt label for my church quilting group, and the designer modified the label for my church at no charge.  The designers receive a small royalty when an order is placed.  We were able to bring the cost of our label down from just over $1.00 to $0.18.  I found exactly what I needed from many options for our Quilts of Valor (see photo) at just $0.39.  Just imagine what we could design!


- Cassandra G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We like to hear from you, so thanks for stopping by and commenting!