We welcomed five guests (Lynette W., Jim S., Sue H., Joan H., Christal P., and Carol L.) and had one new member join (Penny A.). Welcome!
This month was an annual summer potluck and the vittles did not disappoint! Can we do this every month? Yum!
We also participated in the Itty Bitty Picture Perfect Challenge: Summer Edition. Be sure to check out the photos to see these cute mini quilts.
June 21st marked the beginning of the 2017 International Row by Row Experience! Check out their website for more information and quilt shops in your area.
- Dawn M. is still actively collecting Happy Bags and distributing kits. If you can help out, please contact her. Also, Dawn wants everyone to keep their eyes peeled for back to school sales on Happy Bag supplies, including 24 count Crayola crayon boxes, and as always please try to pick up free flashlights from Harbor Freight.
- We had 7 Rape Crisis Center bags donated this month (awesome!) and Christine S. reminded us that we will receive 2 free mystery box tickets for every bag we make and bring to the July meeting (put to 6 tickets if you bring in 3 bags).
We had a great showing of BOMs this month and Elly H. introduced our next block, Little Pluses.
The Page 44 challenge Elly issued as well as your Row by Row are also due at the July meeting. Better get sewin'!
The theme for the next guild meeting will be Bag Lady or Gentleman night. We invite you to bring any beautiful bags you made to share during Show and Share. Following our meeting, the next Sew Day on Saturday July 22nd at the Janet Goeske Center, we will have 3 bag demos! Stephanie Z. will show us a simple kid back pack, Elly H. will show us a triangle bag, and Susan M. will show us a snap bag. We are compiling the materials list for these and will post them here as soon as possible.
|Getting relaxed for our upcoming activities!|
The Hoffman Tour is still on schedule for Monday, July 31st. Evie has noted that while the tour is full, she is taking stand by names in case someone has to drop out. Contact Evie for more information.
Comping up in August, we will have the return of demo night, so we can look forward to learning new tips and tricks - can't wait!
Coming up in September, we will have a trunk show with Heidi from Heidi's Longarm Quilting Center followed two classes, a beginning quilting class at the Goeske on Sept 23rd and then a freehand feathers class at Rancho Cabelleros on Dec 9th.
Coming up in October, we will finally have the Elizabeth Eastmund Home Sweet Home workshop at Rancho Cabelleros on Oct 14th (with a Happy Bag sew-a-thon to follow). And you're invited to the 2017 Raincross Quilt Room Home Tour on Oct 21st!
These events and more are already in our Guild Calendar, so be sure to check it out.
Door Prize Winners
- Gizmo gadget holder - Mary M.
- larger gadget holder - Elly H.
- Fats & 4th of July socks - Sandy S.
- Box of socks - Shirley L.
- Scissors & socks - Shelly N.
Mystery Box was on vacation.
- Cassandra G.